Please help your PestLoco Termite and Pest Control technician rid your home of a Bed Bug problem by doing the following things:
1. Be prepared to leave the home during treatment and for the number of hours afterward as recommended by the technician. In many cases, this will be at least four hours.
2. Remove all pets from the home during the time of treatment excluding fish tanks. Fish tanks are to be covered with plastic wrap, and pumps turned off until reoccupying home.
3. Remove all sheets, covers, dust ruffles, or any other bedding covers from the mattresses and box spring in all bedrooms. Wash all bed linens in the hottest water possible. Do not replace the bed linens until four hours after treatment.
4. If any mattresses, box springs, or other furniture are in poor or ripped condition and infested, they should be placed in large plastic storage bags available at moving or storage stores, then removed from your home and
discarded. Note: The technician may need to remove the backing from box springs in order to treat all harborage areas.
5. Remove all personal items including clothes, toys, shoes, stored materials, etc., from the furniture and floor area throughout the home.
6. Remove everything from ALL closets. Completely empty all bedroom drawers and empty all books and items from bookcases prior to treatment.
7. Clean or launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment. Any stuffed toys or other fabric-based personal items should be run through a pre-heated, hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 15 minutes.
8. Vacuum all of carpeting, bedding, bed frame, backs of pictures, and other areas bedbugs are seen. Immediately empty the vacuum cleaner bag and seal it in a plastic bag and dispose of it in an exterior dumpster or trash.
9. To give the treatment time to work, do not shampoo or clean floors or carpet for at least three weeks after the treatment. The vacuum may be used as desired. See #8 for bag procedure.
10. Move all items and furniture away from walls. The Technician will need access to all baseboards and behind all furniture. (Everything may be returned to its original location after the treatment is completed.)
11. The bathtub, kitchen counters, dining room tables, and coffee tables can be used to place items during treatment.
12. Allow three weeks from time of treatment for it to be completely effective. If the problem persists after two weeks, it is advisable that homeowners contact PestLoco Termite and Pest Control or management office as a retreatment may be necessary.