Each year, Americans spend over $5 billion repairing the damage caused by these destructive pests and termite damage is not covered by homeowners’ insurance, leaving consumers to foot the entire bill for costly damages that could have been easily avoided. Smart homeowners keep this costly pest on their radar at all times and take proactive steps to protect their homes.
PestLoco Termite and Pest Control Makes it easy and affordable to protect your home.
Here are some staggering average colony size statistics:
- Georgia-55,000 termites per colony
- Mississippi-207,000 termites per colony
- Florida-2,600,000 termites per colony (WOW)
- There are 13-14 termite colonies per acre in Florida
- The average quarter acre home site in Florida has approximately 8,775,000 termites
- Termite queens can lay an egg every 15 seconds, more than 5,000 per day
The most basic concept is simple said Phil Koehler, an entomology professor at the University of Florida.
“Even if you don’t have termites, hire a professional to do preventive maintenance,” he said.”Termite control is beyond the normal person’s control. You have to have special equipment.
In Florida, there is little margin for error, according to Koehler.
“There are two kinds of homes, those that have termites and those that are going to get them,” he said. “People in Florida are living in a sea of termites.” Phil Koehler
- Termites cause $5.5 billion worth of damage in the U.S. every year
- More than 30% of all termite damage occurs in Florida
- Termites cause more damage every year than all natural disasters combined
- Termites will strike 5 times as many homes as fire
- Termites can feed on your home for over 10 years without you ever knowing it
- Most homes incur $8,000 in damage before the termites are even detected
- This year more than 2 million homes will require termite treatment
Call the Pro’s at PestLoco Termite and Pest Control before termites take a bite out of your home!